Tuesday, April 21, 2020

My two amazing daughters


Years ago, the noise, the craziness, the boundless energy, would drive my crazy. I couldn't wait until they were off at college so I could get some peace and quiet.

But now, and for the past 6 weeks, they are home. And my perspective on the mayhem they bring to our home has changed.

I love it.
I love having them here.
I love having my whole family sleeping under one roof. As well as everything else under one roof.

We're diligent stay-at-homers. And I won't lie about there being no cabin fever. Of course there's cabin fever. But it's eased by watching them in action.

They were, until last week, both working remotely. My oldest got "furloughed" after she had just earned her first promotion at the company. She's been promised her old job back when this CV thing settles.

My youngest, who came home from Denver, to shelter in place here in LA, has been diligently working via Zoom. Additionally she's been putting her creativity to work by learning how to silk screen t-shirts that she is selling on E-Bay. As well as some of her trinkets that were excavated in the recent garage cleaning.

They have also turned our family room into a yoga studio. Broken out the old Wi system (which surprisingly still works) and they have been running errands so that Deb and I (both 44) have limited exposure to cretinous "freedom fighting patriots" who want to open the country back up and pump new life into this awful pandemic.

Moreover, my girls have been doing their best to clean up after themselves. This is a relatively new phenomena, which unfortunately I am prohibited from capturing on video for posterity sake.

I love my girls, all three of them, more than I can possibly say.

And while we enjoyed the Empty Nest, the not so Empty Nest isn't half bad.

Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy.



No comments: