Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Florida Man, he's 100% Florida


I am nothing if not easily amused. I have often written how I spend hours laughing at my own material. Mostly because others won't. 

But the sad fact is, it doesn't take much to make me laugh. I even made the mistake of copping to enjoy the first few iterations of the Emu Limu campaign. That not longer holds true. Nevertheless my funny bone is easily tickled.

That's why I am so pleased to have discovered the Florida Man challenge. This was brought to my attention the other day when, after slapping my hand for pushing a creatively-driven agenda a little too hard (old habits), my boss turned me on to a meme that may or may not be old.

Here's the upshot. You simply go to a Google search, type in "Florida Man your birthday". No years, no quotation marks, eg: Florida Man February 28.

This is what pops up on mine...


That is simply genius. I could argue that this treasure chest mitigates all the downsides of the interwebs including the pernicious way it has destroyed the advertising industry. And vaulted data miners to the top of the communications food chain. But I'm gonna stop right here.

I did a little digging beyond this newspaper snippet and read Mr. McLemore, the unhappy man in the MyPillowGuy Suicide Suit, in addition to holding a SWAT team at bay during this tense hostage standoff, was also torturing his prisoners by reading aloud many lyrics from ColdPlay. 

Oh The Humanity!

If that doesn't sum up Florida in one complete nutshell, I don't know what will.

But I will cut this posting short because I can tell you have an itchy keyboard finger and want to find out what weird and unimaginable shit happened in Tallahassee or Daytona or Naples on your birthday.

Let us know in the comments.


5 comments:

r armstrong said...

Ooh! I got a good one for Feb 14-- a doorbell-licking maniac.

https://ifloridaman.com/florida-man-february-14/

Doug Oakes said...

Florida Man threatens to bring terror with an army of turtles

Now THAT'S Florida

https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20190410/florida-man-threatens-to-bring-terror-with-army-of-turtles

Jerry Grant said...

August 1 - "Florida man arrested after chasing people with alligator in Jacksonville store"

Tod Rathbone said...


September 6
https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20180906/naked-florida-man-starts-house-fire-while-baking-cookies-on-george-foreman-grill/1

Scott Frothingham said...

Guess I'm kinda special ... I got a double":

A man is accused of shooting at a man who was throwing a banana at his truck during a car accident

and

Florida Man Climbs Atop Playground Equipment At Clearwater Park, Tells Kids Where Babies Come From