Thursday, September 30, 2021

On small toadstool shaped penises.


As many of you know, my house is awash in books about the Trump regime. I have figuratively devoured each and every one. Often moments after it lands on my doorstep from the confused Amazon Prime driver...

"WTF is this guy doing? Starting a library?"

The obsession stems from the fact that if I'm going to argue politics online, I want to come to the gunfight with my own howitzer. Armed to the gills with facts, statistics, and first hand quotes from people like Bob Woodward and Pulitzer Prize winning authors like Rucker and Leonnig. This is in addition to my daily consumption of WaPo and The NY Times. 

It makes destroying the arguments of Fox News bottom feeders or Newsmax/OAN dumpster divers so very amusing. 

By the way, it's also good for the metabolism. 

Nothing will get the heartbeat going and the blood pulsing like finding out how close this country was -- and still is -- to the brink of fascist self destruction. Thank god for people like JCOS Mark Milley, former Vice President Dan Quayle and even Pat Cippillone, the White House lawyer who often talked Grandpa Ramblemouth off the West Wing ledge.

Also by the way, my wife and daughters have sampled none of these books which now take up inordinate space on the coffee table, my nightstand and the dusty bookshelves that frame our 55 inch Samsung Smart TV.

But that's about to change. On the way to the oncologist yesterday, I was sharing some of the excerpts from the latest tell all book by Stephanie Grisham, the former press secretary who never once conducted a WH briefing. That's one for the books.

Ms. Grisham was also Melania's former personal assistant. And as you might expect has a Dyson removable container's worth of dirt. Including a fascinating account of how Captain Fuckknuckle was thoroughly embarrassed by Stormy Daniels appearances on national tv. 

Which prompted our red-faced president to place a call, from the inner sanctum of Air Force One, 45,000 feet above sea level, to Ms. Grisham...

"...I want you to get the word out that my penis is NOT small and it is NOT shaped like a toadstool."

It's safe to say that in the 250 years of American democracy, there has never been an American president who has ever uttered those words or even words that were similar to that effect. 

NEVER.

I like to think that quote will make the presidential archive and will be memorialized for time to come in the hallowed hallways of the Smithsonian.

In any case, the book has been dutifully pre-ordered. And when it arrives, it will be hand delivered to my wife, who after 18 months of various chemo/radiation and other invasive procedures as well as 30 years of living with me, could use a real good laugh.


No comments: