Monday, July 27, 2026

Thursday Photo Funnies

 


"Rich, you might want to reach for the Prevagen. It's not Thursday. It's Monday."

Thank you unnamed rhetorical reader, my brain is fully functional and it is indeed Monday. But that's the beauty of being 68 years old, retired and having my own detail-agnostic platform, that I've studiously built over the course of the past 17 years. I can do whatever the hell I want here.

I can write what I want, when I want, for whoever I want. That's not to be undersold. Particularly after a long career of just the opposite. I wish I had the same power over my dreams. They are often stressful. And disturbing. Thankfully I wake up and forget most of what has transpired. The only remnant of which is the occasional night sweat. 

If only the dreams were more peaceful and bucolic, like the picture above, which was not lifted from some travel brochure but shot on my iPhone while Ms. Muse and I were in Paso Robles at Sensorio

Here's some more photos from my very peripatetic life. 


From the Cowgirl Cafe, also in Paso Robles.


Where we also had the joy of 
watching this Trumpster -- note the hat-- eating 
breakfast, lunch and dinner, all in one sitting. 
He was stuffing his pie hole the whole time we sat there.


Don't know what Boyfriend Style is. 
It could be indigenous to Central California.


As is questionable public art pieces.


Just East of Paso Robles, one can find dozens of interesting wineries.
Steinbeck fans will see what I did there.


Ms. Muse is quite photogenic, 
even with the plastic hat and the bug-eye riding glasses.


Closer to home, this was spotted on the canal
streets of Venice, CA. Don't know how Badass one can be in a 
VW bus with less horsepower than a riding mower.


Like my friend Mr. Jim, I love the cartoons of
NatLamp celebrity Sam Gross.



Unlike my friend Mr. Jim, I don't have the most refined eye for art.
But I love these semi-abstract paintings of 
19th century English landowners and 
their outrageously oversized livestock. And I'm determined to 
populate the walls in my new house with framed prints. If I can find them.










No comments: