I'm no scientician, but sometimes I play one on the interwebs. That is to say, I was fairly good student of biology, chemistry and calculus, and had I been more ambitious, or even just a little ambitious, I could have pursued this path and found a way to make some sheckels. Perhaps even getting a white lab coat.
But I was more of a wiseass B+ student and tended to skate by with wisecracks. A longwinded way of saying that I know nothing , or very little, about global warming.
However I did hang out with a bunch of science-y/hippie guys who went to ESF, the Environmental School of Forestry, which was part of the SUNY system and sat adjacent to Syracuse University. These were all very brainy guys who could look at a mushroom growing off a fallen tree limb and know in an instant if it was edible. Or hallucinogenic.
The point is, they knew their stuff. And so I developed this habit of listening to experts. The ones who studied, excelled and mastered their field of scientific inquiry and never stopped.
Folks like Dr. Fauci, who understand virology.
And not some small town politician from Idaho claiming it's all part of some scheme cooked up by the Cabal (Joos, as they cleverly disguise their antisemitism.)
Nevertheless I have a natural streak of skepticism, and though the vast majority of climate experts concurred about the harmful effects of global warming, it wasn't until recently that I jumped on board.
As some of you may know, I recently moved from my home in very temperate Culver City (just 4+ miles from the beach) to the foothills of Pasadena (considerably further from the beach.) My new house and driveway have considerable Southern Exposure.
Last week I got in my car (pictured above) and the onboard computer informed me it was 122 degrees inside the car. I could've baked chocolate chip cookies on the dashboard. I got a serious first degree burn on my fingertip when I went to start the vehicle.
And so I did what I'd never thought I'd do and bought one of those sun shades for the car. I never thought I'd do it because...well... I'm one of those people who are willing to put up with the discomforts of life. Adversity builds character, or so I was told growing up. Niceties were for other folks. This is what happens when your parents grew up in the immediate post-Depression era.
The naysayers out there will say weather and climate are two different animals. I understand that Professor Red Hat. What I don't understand is how to fold this damn shade back up and fit it in its little pouch!
1 comment:
Lol..👍🧠
Post a Comment