Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Got my mind on my country and my country on my mind


Good morning everybody (all 8 of you) and welcome back. Hope you had a Merry Christmas. I know I did. 

Last week, after a string of posts about death -- my apologies -- I received some life affirming and America affirming news: the January 6th Committee Report. I have no intention of reading the 800+ page opus, nor do I have to.

Not only did I live through that horrific day glued to my TV and to Twitter for up-to-the-second updates, I watched every hearing. Watched may be too soft a word. I savored every word. And every video clip. And every shocking inside-the-White House revelation that pointed to one, and only one, conclusion...

That Shithead ex president of ours orchestrated and is responsible for the whole damn thing.  

Let me bold that to indicate how hard my fingers are currently punching the keyboard. 

Whether it was sending America's Funniest Mayor to do a "press conference" in front of a cheesy Philadelphia Landscaping store to whine about the results, badgering and begging state officials in swing states to "find 11,870 votes", or egging his disciples to storm the Capitol to "fight like hell" and "be wild", there is no mistaking his tiny bloody hands are all over this.

Just because he couldn't bear the thought of losing. 

In a landslide, no less.

With the regular MSNBC staffers on break, I had a chance to watch a bit of Ari Melber stand in and deliver some crushing opinions on the matter. 

Initially, I was not a Melber fan. His constant reference to rap lyrics and rappers I've never heard of, nor want to, was a little off putting. I don't mind inside jokes, I just like them better when I'm on the inside and understand them. But Ari has grown on me. 

I know some Red Hats (if they're even reading this) will claim I shouldn't get my news from CNN or MSNBC, which I always find amusing because in 110% of those cases they're getting their news from OAN or NewsMax or Fox News, home of Sean Hannity, the man who testified in the current Dominion Voting Systems libel case, that, "I never believed for one second that the election was stolen or rigged."

I understand the media slant from both sides. And believe that by reading books and newspapers, I can separate the wheat from the Russian misinformation chaff. But that doesn't negate the fact that good logic is good logic.

And so I was throughly impressed by Melber's legal theorem that defies any claims of bias.

To wit:

Let's assume ex Precedent Shitgibbon did not call for an Insurrection. That he truly wanted his followers to be peaceful and to respect the law enforcement officers at the Capitol building. I don't believe that for a second, but let's assume he did.

Why then would he wait 187 minutes -- that's more than 3 hours for those of you don't math -- to tell his people, the special ones who he loves, to cease the attack and go home?

Even more stunning, when taken in context, if he did NOT want violence, destruction and bloodshed, as he is currently postulating, why then is he offering up Presidential pardons to those who ransacked, defiled the offices with their rancid, post-franks-and-beans feces and put the violent beatdown on hundreds of Capitol Police?

The logic is irrefutable. Unless you've got the strap on your MAGA cap on too tight and it is constricting the flow of oxygen to your brain. He wanted an insurrection. He loved the Insurrection. And he is monumentally responsible for the Insurrection.

LOCK.

HIM.

UP.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spot on. Same feeling on Ari. He is losing some of us with his too frequent rap lines. What a way to make some viewers feel old and out of touch. 🤣

Anonymous said...

In the midst of all this truly shocking behavior, my inquiring mind is obsessed with :
Did they carry in bags of poo, knowing they would smear it on the walls OR were their MAGA sphincters so finely tuned that they could actually crap on command- a la minute, if you will

Anonymous said...

…there is no mistaking his tiny bloody hands are all over this.