Thursday, December 8, 2022

Storage Wars


 

Months ago, I began a new themed series of posts right here on R17. It was entitled: Things I'll Never understand. Not being the brightest bulb in the package, you can very well imagine the boundless topics this might entail.

For instance, my friend and former colleague Cameron Day, spends a great deal of his time rebuilding old cars. He documents his progress often on Facebook. And each time he does, I think, "I know how to change the oil in my car but I'd be damned it I had to build the whole oil circulatory system in a 1972 El Camino." That's just not my wheelhouse.

Similarly, fellow blogger and most well read person I know George Tannenbaum, can go on for days about ancient history and name you the king or queen who ruled Babylonia from 761 BC to 593 BC. WTF!

Me? I don't even understand how a phonograph makes music come out of a plastic disc.

But just when you start thinking you're the stupidest guy in the room, along come 1,719, 397 Georgians who can make you look like an absolute Mensa. Of course I'm talking about the miscreants who pulled the lever for their miscreant/sheriff/valedictorian Herschel Walker. 

I was at a Christmas party at USC on Tuesday night with Ms. Muse. Along with 300-350 other people. As we bit our collective fingers and watched the election results come in, it occurred to me that every person in the room, some with liberal leanings, others with conservative leanings, but every one of them, including the bartenders and appetizer passers, would be 100 times more qualified to serve as US Senator than Mr. Walker.

In fact, in retrospect, every person on the Expo Train line that I took to get to the USC campus was better qualified. 

That includes the woman eating her overly aromatic Thai noodles from the local Panda Express. The homeless man slumped over his stolen imported Italian bicycle. And the two giddy teenage girls seated behind me who set the world record for saying "Like" in a 5 minute conversation.

How did we reach such a sad state of Idiocracy?

Oh yeah, the guy coming down the golden escalator. 

Yesterday morning, it was reported that MORE documents, marked Top Secret or Classified, were located at a West Palm Beach Storage facility (possibly the one pictured above) frequented by ex Precedent Shitgibbon. Stored right next to his old poorly tailored suits and faux wrestling belts given to him by the WWE.

Holy Horse Hockey!!!

We are just now seeing the untold damage Captain Ouchie Foot has done to the Republican Party -- damage that was presciently predicted by Lindsey Graham in 2015. With each passing year I suspect we will uncover more of the irreparable damage this clusterfuck of a man has done to the country.

And yet, in keeping with the theme of this post, millions of Americans will still pull the lever for him. 

And that, I will NEVER understand.


No comments: