Tuesday, October 18, 2022

We'll take your money now


Don't know if other Linkedin members have seen it, but now the "Church" of Scientology is pimping their wares on the professional's social media network. 

I'm the last person on Earth to stand up for some supposed social media etiquette. I post many of my political memes, rants and personal stories on the site. 

And will continue to do so despite the protestations of others. 

My reasoning is simple: writers write. And any communications I put out are an example of my "professional" skills, meager as they may be.

Additionally, for all I know the Southern Baptists and the good folks at Chabad are also on Linkedin trolling for members. In a world of so many competing brands (religions, included) I understand the need to advertise and get "the word" out. 

"Looking for a new god? A new and improved god now with 23% more Retsin? Let's chat."

"Put down that cheeseburger and let us introduce you to the wonderful world of Leviticus."

"It's One god. But it's Three parts. Why don't we go inside and I'll explain."

So why should the clean cut robotic people at Scientology be any different? Here's a screen grab from their officially designated social media charlatan: 


Did I watch the one minute video? No, I did not. 

I know enough about Scientology to --pardon the pun -- steer CLEAR of it. For those not in the know, David Miscavige is the CEO/President/Theta 1 Grand Puba of Scientology. He's just below Tom Cruise. I know this from watching Leah Remini and her riveting docuseries about leaving the "church" and the mysterious disappearance of Mrs. Miscavige.

"Shelly?"

In fact, if you were to utilize the R17 search button in the upper left hand corner, you'd see I have opined quite often on the topic. And even merited a nasty response and blocking from Kirstie Alley, a Shitgibbon-supporting Scientologist. 

Does it get any better than that? No, it does not.

Do I have anything further to say on the beliefs or practices of Level 8 Scientologists and their victorious return to Zebulon bearing the magical fruits of Theta X 23/B? Not a word. These folks are notoriously vindictive and so I'm gonna play nice. 

For the most part.

But I don't want to leave you empty handed. So compliments of another linkedin member/colleague, I'll leave you with this video, that has all the hallmarks of Scientology, but none (ok maybe a little) of the sour cultish aftertaste.

They don't want you to sign up for their religion. 








No comments: