Thursday, October 6, 2022

The forecast is for rain.


Call me crazy, but why does Florida need federal assistance to recover from hurricane damage? 

I don't mean to be coldhearted, I think the residents should be helped from the disaster that struck last week. However, shouldn't the people in charge of governing the state be better prepared for the storm? 

Even ex President Shitgibbon knew when a hurricane was going to strike the Sunshine State.

And Ian certainly won't be the last.

So why, must I ask, did the governor, a despicable prick if I've ever seen one, not put away some money for a rainy day. Or in this case, a Class 4 Rainy Day?

This is especially egregious in light of his cheap political stunt just a few weeks prior, where he shipped 50 LEGAL Venezeulan refugees on a privately chartered plane to Martha's Vineyard at an astounding cost to taxpayers of nothing less than $12,000,000.

Because yours truly likes to use facts to make a point, I took the liberty of looking up the average price of a gallon of gas in Florida. It's roughly $3.73. But to make things even more legit, let's round it up to $4.

The $12,000,000 DeSantis pissed away to steal GOP primary votes from ex Precedent Shitgibbon and his xenophobic Floridian followers would have purchased 3,000,000 gallons of gas to fuel ambulances, firetrucks and generators. It may seem like a small petroleum based drop in the bucket, but in reality that money could've saved a life. Or lives.

Additionally, the cost to build the average home in Florida is $250, 000. Guess what? The 12 million dollars wasted on a stunt to "own the libs" could have been better used for 50 families to once again own a roof over their heads.

If I were a resident of the Sunshine state that generates so many memes for its blatant stupidity, I'd be fucking livid. Moreover, I'd be voting with my feet and my mail-in ballot to kick these ill-prepared asshats out of the office they simply don't deserve.

Frankly, I don't understand how it all works. 

I've worked my entire life to stave off landing in a dirty nursing or suffer the consequences of a rainy day (or a slew of rainy days) by wisely storing away some money that could've been used for jetskis, bigger screen TV's or a closetful of blazers. I'm sure many of you have as well. It's the responsible, and expected thing to do.

Why can't our leaders, including those who steward ad agency holding companies, do the same? 

Maybe we should stop calling them Public Servants? 

They only thing they serve is their own craven egos.



No comments: