Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cock Blocked


To write is to procrastinate. That's no famous quote that's just a truism. At least on my part. You see, in between penning pithy commercials for soda pop or riveting copy for the Southern California Daihatsu Dealers, I spend a lot of time on the Internet.

My poison in cnn.com

Last week provided a non-stop parade of newsworthy stories. From the oil spill in the Gulf to the economic crisis in Greece to the bumbling exploits of Faisal Shahzad, who apparently failed remedial bomb making, a required course at all madrasas.

While tracking down his story on cnn.com, I ran across this:












There you will notice the second story from the bottom: Police barred from penis enlargement.
I don't know how a headline like that could NOT peak the curiosity. So I checked and it turns out that herbal penis enlargement is pardon the pun, a huge problem in Indonesia.

According to Jakarta Globe the practice of wrapping one's penis with leaves from the gatal-gatal tree can indeed make one's penis itchy and swell up as if it had been stung by a bee. And for reasons that still elude me, this is a particular problem for those involved in law enforcement.

Of course this begs the question, how small does your penis have to be before you're willing to run to the supermarket and ask the grocer for some fresh gatal-gatal?

No comments: