Tuesday, March 10, 2009

P-p-p-patagonia


Last week the word Patagonia did not come up in my life. Nor did it come up in the week before. Or the week before that. I can safely say that 2009 has been a "Patagonia-free" year.

That is until the last 24 hours.

Patagonia was the answer to a clue on last night's edition of Jeopardy.
This morning, a friend who bailed out of the corporate life for a trip around the world, posted a photo of himself on the glaciers of Patagonia.
And tonight, while sifting through the bills and grumbling about checks that did not show up from my clients, I received a postcard from my uncle who was, you guessed it, in Patagonia.

I don't think I'm being summoned to Patagonia. Or that I should buy stock in Patagonia clothing. Or that I have lived a past life as a Patagonian Prince.

I'm just stating the facts. And offering no explanation. Because frankly, I don't think there is one.


No comments: