Thursday, August 24, 2023

FREE Money?


 It's been quite a long time since I took on an internet scammer. But this guy, J. Micheal Weirsky, a NY Yankee fan from the Garden State thought he'd get the best of me.

BTW, this happened on Twitter, via an unsolicited DM. That's a first for me. My other scamming expeditions happened via email, Facebook and LinkedIn (a platform where I have been banished, eternally.) 

Here's his profile so you know who I'm dealing with...

And here's his feel good pitch.

How incredibly generous of J. Michael. And how incredibly fortunate that of the millions and millions of Twitter/X users, I was selected. Probably because of all my charitable work.

J. Michael is undeterred and presses his case. Eager to fleece a widower who is down on his luck, fending off high utility bills and has already lost a huge sum of money (I didn't) to a different scammer.


He's ready to have the 50 Large delivered right to my doorstep! J. Michael is like an angel sent from the Lord above. Of course, I have other ideas.

BTW, did you know that my brilliant daughter Abby and her friends are responsible for the word Cheugie? Do some Googling. 

Apparently he can Venmo me the money BUT there is a charge. Here we go.

He wants $100. I could suggest he simply deduct the $100 from the 50K and just send me $49,900. But I don't want him thinking I'm smart. OK, there's little risk of that.

J. Michael believes he has a live fish on the line.

He's already spending the $100 in his head. Can you smell the greed?


Oh, I'm still here.

I took the picture. Of course I didn't take a picture of teh back of the card where all the data is. And then I made him wait. And wait. And wait.

Then this Angel from above, the man doing the Lord's work sharing his lottery winnings with poor souls throughout the land, blew his top.


Finally, to show there were no hard feelings, I offered up a blessing of my own...


My book, now nearing its 20th anniversary publishing date, is still available where juvenile, anti-scamming books are sold.














No comments: