Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Turn it off, turn it off



As I have often joked about myself, because I'm prone to self deprecation, I have a face for radio. I know that's an old cliche. But in true George Tannenbaum spirit, I've tacked onto that and added, I also have a voice for newspaper.

And in the odd and unexplainable chance that you'd like to hear me speak (the Toronto Board of Broadcast Production made that mistake years ago and I was terrible, though I did run up a substantial hotel bill with all manner of exorbitant room service) you are in luck.

A month ago Barry Fiske, a Chiat/Day colleague from back in the day and a fellow Syracuse University Alum wrote to me from out of the blue and asked if I'd like to be a guest on his podcast. Naturally I was excited. Then he told me there was no pay, so I was considerably less excited.

Nonetheless, I agreed and about a week ago went live with Barry and his partner and mishbucha, Phil Golub. 

We drank, we laughed, we shared stories.

Well, I shared stories. It is only after listening to the finished product that I realized I had spoken over my hosts and hogged the microphone. I apologize for that. 

Note to self, STFU.

I also noticed my annoying habit of laughing at my own material. Damnit, I'm such a bore.

If there are any other podcasters out there looking for a future guest let me know. I won't cackle at my own crappy jokes. I'll be quiet. And I'll listen.

Oh wait, that sort of defeats the purpose of a podcast, doesn't it?

Anyway, here's the link: 

https://anchor.fm/whatbubblesup/episodes/S2-E9-What-Bubbles-Up-in---Blogging-e114odl


Thanks Barry and Phil

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rich - hearing you laugh at your own jokes was the highlight of the pod. You were great! Thanks for joining us.