Thursday, December 3, 2009

A real butterball

This year's Thanksgiving was extra special. Due largely to a 20 lbs. butterball with thunderous thighs and an infectious laugh.

Of course, I'm not talking about the turkey but the newest addition to the family--my nephew Jack. Next week my sister-in-law and her husband will be signing the final adoption papers and naturally, we are all thrilled.

I am particularly excited because Jack has shown a special fondness for me. OK, he's actually more fascinated by my mustache. But I'll take it as evidence of a special bond between us.

We both also happen to have been born on February 28th. And plans for a special double party are already underway.

Which means for the first time in a very long time, I can actually look forward to my birthday.

2 comments:

Ellen November said...

So happy for your family!

Susie said...

This made me cry. Jack loves his Uncle Rich to the moon and back, and can't wait to share his birthday with his best buddy. He's saving the first jump in the Bounce House for you!