Thursday, September 14, 2023

Photo Funnies Thursday



Coming home from my monumental swim the other day -- 3000 meters nonstop -- I came across this piece of trash in the gutter. 

Before picking it up and depositing it in its proper receptacle I could not help but to burst our laughing. For reasons that need no explanation, it reminded me of a Seth Rogen movie. I can't remember which one featured a bunch of arrested adolescents drawing penii, but I suppose you could argue it doesn't really matter. 

Because the discarded name tag is from nearby Loyola Marymount University (beautiful campus) I suspect it was the remnant of my neighbor's college tour. He's a big, tall lanky kid with some serious basketball chops. Good to know he also has a sense of humor.

And with that, let's kickoff another edition of Thursday Photo Funnies. Wherein I select odd pictures that somehow made it onto my iPhone.


Taken while on a late afternoon stroll in Jolly Harbor. On the beautiful isle of Antigua.
Misspelling seems to be a national pastime.


I know you're tired of hearing about my Antiguan vacation. 
This will be the last mention of it. Maybe. 


Weeks ago, I was attacked by a homeless scumbag in my neighborhood.
Because of lax laws, he's still here!


Ms. Muse and I both suffer from hyper-competitiveness.
This photo doesn't do the tall Jenga tower justice. 



My dog Lucy suffers from no competitiveness. Here she is, laying down,
doing NOTHING at the Dog Park.


I get why airplanes can fly. I don't get this one.


Another mystery in mass transportation.


My youngest daughter is home for a week. Found this shot from 25 years ago.
God, I love her.


Speaking of kids...


And institutions that are having aging issues.


The right likes to talk about the "fascism" of the left.
Clearly they're not paying attention.


And finally, a bald eagle, the symbol of American democracy, guzzling a cheap bottle of Merlot.
A fitting, and sad, sign of the times.

   
 

No comments: