Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Climb on board, we're going to Crazytown


I don't know how your brain works but after 65 years or so, I have a pretty good idea how mine operates. 

For instance, with the recent Covid extravaganza, I came to realize that I work best from home. I don't want to come into in your office, nor do I need to. I'm not interested in your foosball tables, your free microwave popcorn or your industrial sized pots of coffee. 

OK, I do love coffee and drink way too much of it. 

Truth is, I do my best work at home. In shorts and flip flops. Even when it's 49 degrees out. 

What I like best about working/writing from home is that no one bothers me. Yes, it gets very lonely. Perhaps that's why I allow myself deep dive distractions. And right now nothing is more distracting (read amusing) than the current clusterfuck that threatens to send Fox News, the empire from down under, down under.

Rupert is looking down the barrel of a $1.6 billion lawsuit. And that's not even considering the potential punitive damages they have incurred on Dominion Voting Machines for lying and defaming their company and their products. 

In the latest, and possibly the most amusing development, it seems the theory that set the Fox Team of overpaid prevaricators in motion stemmed from an email sent to Maria B. (I'm not even going to look up her last name for the correct spelling because she doesn't merit the effort). The contents of that email became the basis for an entire post-campaign campaign to discredit the results of the 2020 presidential election.

In short, it posited that the Dominion Voting machines magically changed Trump votes to Biden votes. There is not a shred of evidence to that effect. Making it a non-starter. But the sender of the email that unleashed this bullcockery into the Right Wing Hemisphere of Back Assward Thinking, does merit some attention.

Her name is Marlene Bourne. Who knows if that's her real name or if she is suffering the lingering effects of watching too many Matt Damon movies? You think that's crazy? You should hear more about this self described Cactus Artist/Wackadoodle.

"Yeah, I'm crazy, crazy like a fox", she told a reporter, unaware of the delicious irony.

She added, "my point of view sometimes is so far outside the box it's not even on the same playing field, it's not even on the same planet."

COVFEFE!!!

She went on to explain to the Daily Beast, she gets her theories from song lyrics and glimpses of magazine covers. (Hey Marlene, where are you seeing magazine covers?) 

Additionally she insists, sometimes the wind talks to her. 

Recently the wind told her that the late Supreme Court Justice Antony Scalia was purposefully killed at the Annual Bohemian Grove Camp, where they hunt human prey. Wasn't that the premise of a bad Gary Busey movie (redundancy intended.)

But lest you get the idea that Marlene is dumb as a rock, consider the fact that she also authored a book that should be on every bookshelf: A Consumer's Guide to MEMS and Nanotechnology

According to one reviewer (That's right I looked it up), the book details how MEMS (?) and nanotechnology are being nefariously used in everything from asthma inhalers, wheelchairs, video games, toothpaste, tattoos, fishing lures, deodorant and tennis rackets!

I think they put MEMS and/or nanotechnology in my last bunch of asparagus, boy does my pee stink.

I swear, you just can't make this up. 

Nor do I have to, because Marlene and her friends at Fox already have.




No comments: