Wednesday, May 13, 2020

It's 4:20 Somewhere


I think it's fair to say we are living through stressful times.

I thought they were stressful prior to the Covid 19 Pandemic. Three years of watching a fishbrained fifth grade drop out storm into the White House and proceed to pound at the pillars of our democracy with a rusty pick axe had raised my blood pressure into 4 digit territory.

And now we've been cooped up in our homes for more than two months, while he continues to push our world to the very precipice of extinction.

Of course, I did hear the Los Angeles Trump National Golf Course just opened, so there is some good news. You'd think Captain Ouchie Foot would have thanked the 80,000+ corpses who sacrificed their lives for his grand re-opening, but that's so off brand for our fat Himmler.

Like I said, the stress has been enormous.

It's even taken its toll on my weightlifting routine, which is now down to 4 days a week. And as any bro will tell you, "if you're not making progress, you're going backwards." And I have the sore triceps to prove it.

Fortunately, my daughters, who both went to college in cannabis legal states (Washington/Colorado) and are knowledgeable in the Way of the Weed, had the cure for what was ailing me.

Petra Medical Mints.

These are micro-dosed at 2.5 mgs per mint. Meaning when you take one you not only get a hint of much needed breath freshener, you don't get that awful overpowering mind melting high nor the Shutter Island schizophrenia that comes with too much THC.

It's a much more controlled, calming feeling.

I liken it to the afterglow of a nice 30 minute yoga session.

You might have a hard time picturing this fat, barrel chested 44 year old man doing Crescent 2 or Warrior 3, but I'll have you know my Standing Tree is pretty impressive. And while nearing the end of my P90X program years ago, I was able to nail the Crow position and hold it for 12 seconds.



This is not a paid endorsement for Petra mints, though I suspect if I wrote the company a letter I might be able to swing a deal. This is just me saying these things have been an herbal-enhanced  Lifesaver. And so I keep two tins handy by my desk.

Next to my coffee.

And next to my copy of Viktor Frankl's Man's Search For Meaning, which is by no means the 'feel-good' book of the year.





No comments: