Wednesday, April 10, 2019

That's her bag


I'll be the first to admit that I take great pride in my ability to make things.

Well, not actual things like a shoe, or a hat, or even a bookshelf, though I have assembled many Ikea bookshelves, including the Schshlisht™, the Flukenshlossel™, and the intricate Herkendoogle™.

The things I make are more ethereal: ads, books, movies and memes. Lots and lots of memes.

With Captain Fuckknuckle in office for at least another year and a half, I don't see that ending anytime soon. Particularly when he bloviates about windmills causing cancer. That just screams for some good old fashioned mockery.


And so it should comes as no surprise that I would be as pleased as a Republican being handed a #10 envelope stuffed with cash when I discovered my youngest daughter has the same thing-making inclination.

Just the other day, I came across this bag in the kitchen (see photo above). Mind you, I live with three women, so I don't pay a lot of attention to their assorted baggery, but this one caught my eye.

It was a birthday present from Abby (the youngest) to Rachel (the oldest.)

"Where did Abby get that I asked?"

"She made it," replied my wife.

I loved the design at first. But when I found out Abby had conjured it up, I knew I had to write about it.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I find it funny.

It's dark.

It's declarative.

And it's dripping with cynicism well beyond her years.

In other words, it's so Siegel.

My daughter, I think I'll keep her.


No comments: