Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Red red wine


Not long ago, my wife and I threw a birthday bash for ourselves. We were celebrating one of those monumental benchmarks. Within 6 weeks, each of us had turned 44.

For those of you who weren't there, you should know that space was limited.

For those of you who were there, you might remember that electricity was also limited as a local transformer box blew and the restaurant was forced to go with a couple of generators. But a rockin' good time was had by all.

In any case, we thank you for helping us celebrate. And though we specified no gifts were necessary, someone left us with this bottle of red wine. It was such an unusual label we decided to Vivino it and were shocked at the price tag.

In the words of Sally Field...

"Somebody likes me, somebody really likes me."

Though, let's be honest, it was probably one of Debbie's friends.

Well, last week, with the Yom Kippur penitence behind us and a Shitgibbon-instigated apocalypse surely in front of us, we decided life was too short to wait for the next special event.

We uncorked that sucker and were prepared to let it breathe in our fancy Waterford glass wine decanter. But my wife had used the decanter as a vase and it still had the aroma of week old tulips.

So we went au natural. And by we, I mean me and my daughter as my wife does not drink red wine -- the nitrates give her migraines.

I like that my daughter is now old enough to enjoy an adult beverage with me. I like it even better that she's a bit of lightweight (at least around me) and passed on a second glass of Honor and Prepare Cabernet Sauvignon.

So how was it?

I found it pleasant to the nose. So pleasant that I polished off the entire bottle. I also found it had a smooth fruity finish and a hint of chocolate that tickled the tongue like a mousy creme fresh...oh, who am I kidding, I don't do that snooty, snobby, wine aficionado bullshit...

"Gettt outtta my houze!"

No comments: