Thursday, June 9, 2011

When Pigs Fly


I don't normally do this --that is repost cool or unusual stuff others have posted on Facebook --as I consider that lazy and less than you've come to expect here at roundseventeen. But I'll be honest and painfully transparent, last week's swimming marathon has thrown my schedule for a bit of loop and left me woefully behind in my writing.

So today I'd like to share a vintage video (courtesy of fellow freelance copywriter, Chris Pouy) that would surely raise some eyebrows at the Moscow PETA Headquarters.



There's so much I enjoy about this little film it's hard to know where to start.

I love that they anesthetized the pig before his space adventure.
I love that they strapped a seat belt across his barrel chest for safety.
And I love the "scientician" at the of the film writing down his important findings.

Just one thing comrades, pigs don't belong in space.
They belong on a toasted sourdough sandwich, wedged between fresh cut tomatoes and crisp romaine lettuce.
Mmmmm, bacon.

No comments: