Friday, June 3, 2011

The Bronx Cheer


10:45 PM. June 2, 2011


Swimming update with regards to my Swim to Africa (see May 26th entry for details). I took today off, because the thought of more chlorinated water in my mouth began to make me nauseous. And because my arms and shoulders are sore as hell. Seven miles in three days will have that effect. Frankly, I'm surprised I can muster up the strength to hit the keyboard.


I've written before about the amazing algorithms that fuel the Internet and how my computer has come to know me better than I know myself. The amazing folks at Hertz are no exception.

I just noticed this banner ad streaming across the top of my Scrabble game.

It's flabbergasting how a company that rents cars also has a prescient understanding of overly flatulent tendencies. I'm a little disappointed however that they hedged their bet and chose to frame the statement in the form of a question.

No comments: