Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Marrakesh Express


10:31 PM. Tuesday May 31, 2011.


Swam 2.5 miles today, one and a half at lunchtime and another just about ten minutes ago. Shoulders are a little sore, but I am in high spirits and confident I can swim the distance. To date I have about 35 sponsors, many pledging more than a buck a mile and bringing the pledge total to near $600 for our disabled veterans. Later in the week I will provide a website that will accept the donations. Until then, please tell friends and get them on board. Thanks.


As I mentioned, swimming can be extremely boring. But it allows the mind to wander, and there's no better friend to the wandering mind than the Internet. Yesterday while I was hunting down images for my chart about not being able to read charts I stumbled onto something that I never would have found, had I not embarked on this little adventure.

Meet Mr. Radhakant Bajpai, the current Guinness Book of World Record Holder for having the longest ear hair.


Said to be a symbol of good luck and prosperity, Mr. Bajpai has resisted the urge to manscape since he was 18 years old. He maintains the extraordinary ear hair with a special herbal shampoo and has become quite the celebrity in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.

I know you want to see a better picture of him. And I'm not about to disappoint my readers. Here he is in his younger disco-dancing days...


"But you look so much different than your picture on eHarmony."




"Sir,  I'm afraid you're going to have to leave Toon Town. No, it has nothing to do with your hat."




"For the last time Raji, I don't want a little off the side."



Friends and family think I'm crazy for undertaking this little swimming expedition. That's hardly crazy, And I think Radhakant would agree. But I do have  a few errant eyebrows (courtesy of my Russian lineage), that left unattended for the next 20-25 years, could grow to monumental Bajpia-like proportion. 

Perhaps I'll start looking online for herbal eyebrow shampoo?

No comments: