Thursday, January 14, 2010

And the award goes to...

Right now the world is on pins and needles. Not because of the pending health care reform bill. Or the escalating threats of terrorism. Next week, as if it needed repeating, is the annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.

In preparation of this monumental occasion the Guild has been sending out screeners to all its voting members. Including myself.

You see years ago, despite my objections, a client decided I would be the best voice for their TV commercials. While it represented a slight conflict of interest, who was I to get in the way of client desires? Besides, those residual checks paid for my tankless hot water heater.

So now I'm a voting member of SAG. And I've got all the free DVDs of top movies that haven't been released on DVD yet. So many great performances, how am I supposed to make a carefully-considered choice?

I'm really stuck on Best Supporting Actress.
Maybe I'll call up Clooney and see who he is voting for.

1 comment:

Ellen November said...

More importantly, I nominate your to host a viewing party. I suggest using evite.