Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Woo-hoo!!

In the television industry, writers and producers will often throw huge celebrations when they hit certain landmarks, like their 100th show. It means the show will go into syndication and residual checks will flow well into the latter part of the century.

In the blogosphere, there are no celebrations.

Today, for instance is my 200th entry into roundseventeen. And while I have enjoyed sharing my stories and anecdotes and tax writeoffs with you, none of it has resulted in anything even remotely lucrative.

But today will not go unnoticed.

Because it is my 200th entry, I'm going to treat myself to a new tagline:

Roundseventeen.
At the corner of West Coast optimism and Bronx-born nihilism.

And I'm going to prepare my morning bowl of oatmeal
with whole milk and a spoonful of some very fattening 1/2 and 1/2 cream.

No comments: