Monday, January 30, 2023

A man can dream


I pride myself on being a 64 year old man who is hip to what the kids are doing these days. 

This is due, in large part, to the fact that I have two successfully-launched daughters in their mid-twenties. One of whom, was instrumental in bringing the word Cheugy into Pop Culture. You can read about it here

If you can't get past the paywall or suffer from the deranged notion that the NY Times is another mainstay of MSM who are hellbent on destroying America, well, you're on your own. Or just a sad lost cause.

As clued in to modern day American life as I am, there is one phenomena that has me scratching the growing white hairs on my chinny, chin chin. 

Like you I get stalked on social media. Particularly by attractive young women, who for reasons unexplained, are unable to send me a friend request on Facebook. These women often find me "charming", "handsome", "impressive" and "amazing." 

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

Of course, you and I both know they're grifters. Scammers hoping to lure men of lesser fortitude and cynicism and separate them from money that would otherwise be used to keep them out of dirty nursing homes in their later years. 

To bait the hook, many of these con artists will use pictures of very attractive women, who are often half my age. And hardly hurting for attention. Yet many men in my position fall prey. Because, well, because men are invariably stupid. 

I'm not stupid. At least this week, I'm not. 

And rather than ignore these juvenile traps, and because in between writing spam mail, I have some free time on my hand, I decided to let my curiosity get the best of me. And so, I did a Reverse Google Image Search on one of these baited hooks. 

That's when I discovered another as yet, unknown phenomena.

Many of the posers who want to "get to know me better and be besties" are pictures of women taken from OnlyFans. Maybe you've heard of it? Again, I will leave you to your own research. But get this, many of these OnlyFans "models" have registry pages. Wish Lists of shoes, bags, hats, and more shoes, they have selected in advance, for their fans to purchase for them.

Even more astounding, as logic would lead me to believe, if hundreds, nay, thousands of men didn't whip out their credit card to engage in such tomfoolery, hundreds, nay, thousands of sexy young women would not be running the same game.

And so, I am stealing a page from their well-worn playbook.

For my 8 loyal readers who want to express their appreciation for 15 years worth of semi-amusing blogging, I proudly introduce the RoundSeventeen Wish List:


I'd love one of these dashing Highlands Wool Tam Bonnets. 
I'm not spending $155 to get one, but you can.




This is a tad pricey for a coffee maker.
But the more and better coffee I drink, the more and better I blog.




Maybe you won the Powerball or you're a Holding Company exec
wanting to express his or her gratitude for 35+ years of finely hewn ad copy,
in any case, thanks in advance.


That's the registry list, so far. If this pans out, I'll add more. Stay tuned.

Also, did I mention my birthday is coming up?


No comments: