Thursday, September 15, 2022

It's Din-Din Time


It isn't everyday that I get to speak of a product and life-changing in the same sentence. Today is one of those days. 

Say hello to the WOpet Automatic Dog Feeder. I suppose it could work for cats too, but I've never lived in Cat World and find their care and maintenance completely alien. I don't know the first thing about cats. Nor why anyone would want one.

Dogs, on the other paw, I know. 

And I know my dog Lucy was blessed/cursed with a preternatural biological clock. 

I could tell you when it's 7 AM or 4 PM with the accuracy of an atomic clock buried beneath feet of protective cement in the deserts near Los Alamos. She is astoundingly precise. And even more astoundingly vocal. If she doesn't get fed on time, I'm going to hear about it.

And if I'm not home, the neighbors are going to hear about it.

My life has grown increasingly active as of late: Hollywood Bowl, Dodger games, bike rides and anything else to get me out of the house and into the real world. And while I enjoy my current state of greater untetheredness, I'm not sure Lucy approves. 

So I sprung for the high end pet feeder from the fine folks at WOpet. 

And again, I write this as an unpaid influencer not seeking anything in the form of compensation or rebate. However if the WOpet people come up with an automatic dog walker and automatic dog shit picker upper, I'm more than happy to accept some renumeration.

With its Wi-Fi connection and handy dandy app, I can easily feed Lucy from all four corners of the Earth. 

Though I will admit my first few fumbling attempts to program the feeder were quite messy. Thanks to some language barriers in the instruction manual, I mistakenly entered 50 "portions" thinking it would dispense 50 pellets of her awful smelling NutriSource chicken and veggie dog food.

Instead, it meant 50 portions as in meal portions. 

The WOpet 9000 endlessly emptied out onto my floor like a huge Vegas Slot Machine that had landed on 7-7-7. Lucy had clearly hit the jackpot and ate a week's worth of pellets before I could clean up the gargantuan mess.

But all that is behind me. And I haven't had to bend down to scoop up Lucy's smelly grub from the pickle bucket I keep it stored in. That might not sound so rewarding to you, but for a 64 year old man with a finicky back, the WOpet is worth its weight in gold. 

Thank you WOpet, that's S-I-E-G-E-L


 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No dog feeder comment, but thanks for the turn on to Leon Bridges. Sweet.