Tuesday, April 20, 2021

On probation, again


I'm getting out of Facebook jail today. If my calculations are correct it will be sometime around 2 PM.

It was 30 days ago, to the second, that I received the Zuckification that my Facebook privileges had been suspended. It came as quite a shock. As I have been especially careful with my sometimes-heated rhetoric that accounted for several stints in FB Jail.

To be completely honest, I was sure the AI machine had made a mistake. I could think of plenty of things I thought, while arguing with an online Trumpster, but none that I actually wrote. 

They were more than happy to point out my infraction. 

Apparently, while arguing with a Red Hat who vociferously insisted the election had been stolen ( I wonder if he got suspended for that insurrection-inciting tidbit), I wrote something to the effect of, "Oh sure, and noisy windmills cause cancer. Go drink your bleach."

Snarky, yes. 

A violation of community standards?

Are you kidding me? 

I'm not the one suggesting Americans put toxic pool chemicals inside their bodies. That was the former president of the United Staes of America. Here, let's look at the clip, because his jaw-dropping stupidity never ceases to amaze.

That was the most powerful leader in the free world spitballing cures for a deadly virus as if he were in a brainstorming session to sell Two Toppings pizzas for $7.99, only at Pizza Hut, No One Outpizzas the Hut.

In any case, it will be good to be released from jail. Though, as many former prisoners will tell you, the break from the doom scrolling and the useless tete a tetes with clueless Red Hats, was a welcome break.

Though I will cop to unleashing my unrelenting political acrimony on Twitter as well as Linkedin. And incurred the wrath of many Linkedin aficionados, "this is not the proper forum for that kind of post. This is for professionals."

And of course they are correct. With one important qualifier.

Thanks to Trump, Trumpism and daily disintegration of our social fabric, including the resurgence of mass shootings, unarmed people of color being shot by police, and now the institutionalization of White Supremacy by the GOP and their foot soldiers in the halls of Congress, I'm thoroughly unconcerned about netiquette and the niceties of decorum on Linkedin, or any other social media.

I'm getting out of jail and fired up for the fight.

Fuck You Zuck.



No comments: