Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Don't wait, order now.

As many of you know, I'm about to enter bookselling mode.

That is, preparations for my next book, Mr. Siegel Writes to Washington, are well under way. The manuscript is being manicured. And the front cover is currently being covered by two of the best art Directors/Designers in the biz, Jean Robaire and Rohitash Ro.

I'm very excited about the project, as it is timely. And it skewers 53 of the hateworthiest, incompetent, fascist-enabling motherfuckers on the planet, our esteemed GOP Senators.

But before I roll out this yearlong journey of nonfiction, I wanted to revisit my soire into fiction. And pimp the book I'm most proud of.

And because none of you have even bothered to visit the Amazon.com page where the book is sold, I thought I'd showcase some of the more flattering reviews. This comes from Bob Hoffman, this was before he was chosen advertising's official Curmudgeon Emeritus...


I'm particularly proud of that one as I respect Bob and his willingness to climb out on a limb and tell it exactly as he sees it. We need more people like that.

This review comes from an advertising icon, Ernie Schenck, whose work I have always admired and aspired to.


This last review comes from my former Team One Colleague, whose office -- that's right I said office-- was right next to mine, former US Postal Letter carrier turned World's Greatest Freelancer, Mike Folino.


There were other equally humbling 5 star reviews from my fellow blogger and NY legend, the Oldest Living Copywriter in the Business, George Tannenbaum and from Adcenter Founder Diane Cook Tench, but for some reason those reviews no longer appear on Amazon's page.

I think Amazon is punishing me for sending all those John McCain baseball caps to the White House and then having to deal with the return postage when the delivery was refused.

I have no delusions about all this shameless whoring will actually selling a book. But it did fill out a new blog posting. And sometimes, that's enough.





No comments: