Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Avalanche!!!


We all know about the strong El Nino developing in the Pacific and its promise of unusually-high and much-needed precipitation here on the West Coast.

With any luck our reservoirs will be replenished.

Our snow pack will be thicker and deeper than ever.

And my lawn will take on a greener shade of brown.

But today, I'm here to warn you of a different type of onslaught.

You see, last weekend, after much noodling, proofreading, tweaking, cover redesigning, formatting, more noodling and check writing, I finally sent off the manuscript for my new book, Round Seventeen &1/2, The Names Have Been Changed to Protect the Inefficient. 

And that can only mean one thing: endless, shameless, annoying, overbearing, suffocating self promotion.

You've been warned.

And if you're a reader of this blog you've been witness to my obnoxious perseverance. 1300 blog entries, some of them actually good, don't just happen overnight. As my fellow bloggers can attest, it takes discipline, caffeine and a willingness to rehash the obvious just to stay one step ahead of the writer's block.

I am apologizing in advance, but I just want you to be aware of what's coming.

I'm going to plug.
And plug.
And plug.
Then, when I start getting emails and tweets begging me to stop, I'm going to plug some more.

I might ask you to write a review on Amazon.

I might ask you to share any digital ink on FaceBook.

I might ask you to come to a book signing or a reading, though this is highly unlikely as I'm not given to public performances due to my problems with excessive perspiration.

The point is, I'm going to be relentless. And won't rest until my new book sits on the toilet lid of every person working in advertising. Or until I've fully recuperated the costs for this literary catastrophe.

Whichever comes first.




No comments: