Monday, February 22, 2010

RIP Mahmoud








Earlier this week, Hamas leader Mahmoud al Mabhouh was found smothered to death in his hotel room in Dubai. The consensus is that the hit/assasination/delivery of justice (whatever you'd like to call it) was the handiwork of Mossad.

Palestinian leaders, who apparently do not possess photo enlargement machines, were shocked by the covert operation. They are calling for Interpol to issue warrants and arrest the Israeli culprits.

I would suggest they take a trip to the nearest Blockbuster video and rent a copy of Munich. Then they will know that the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers and the rocket attacks on civilian targets like the city of Sderon will not go unanswered.

I am reminded of a glorious summer day in 1976. I believe it was July 4th and the Israeli army had masterfully rescued over 100 hostages being held at the Entebbe airport in Uganda. While America celebrated the bicentennial, my father, elated by the news, broke out the slivovitz to celebrate the cunning and bravery of those Israeli commandos.

I've never copped to the false belief of an afterlife and have no illusions of my father looking down and smiling about the events that have transpired. But, in his honor, I'm going to pour myself a libation and toast a world with one less cowardly terrorist.

No comments: