Thursday, April 6, 2023

Photo Funnies (apologies to National Lampoon)


It's Thursday. You know what that means, right?

It's Photo Funnies Day, my standby blog post when I draw a blank on what to write or when I'm still in a Joy Coma from this week's earlier Trump arrested Schadenfreude. God that was sweet.

Lately, as a Man of Semi-Leisure, I've been trying to get my house in order. In addition to the decluttering, cleaning out the garage (which has produced many goodies) and getting to stuff that just needed to be getted to. 

Like my couch cushions. They're lumpy, misshapen and perhaps not so hospital clean. So I attempted to remove the covers...


That's the down from ONE pillow. 
I don't know how many Canadian geese gave up their coats for my benefit,
but apparently Karma has come around.



Found this amongst all the crap in my house.
It's a See's Candies Barbie. 
File this under, "Sales Rise when you Merchandise."



I also uncovered this photo of me and my brother.
A rare moment of camaraderie when we weren't fighting, 
punching or kicking each other off a bunk bed and causing the loss
of 4 permanent front teeth. (mine)



Fast forward 15 years or so and I was dressed as a greaser
for our office Halloween party. 
Those are partial dentures in my mouth.



Not to indulge in too much nostalgia,
that's Ricardo Montleban and me 
on the set of a Chrysler Plymouth commercial.
(I'm the one on the right)



When I walk around the neighborhood I like to snap shots of stuff I see.
Don't ask why but I have an obsession with
sidewalk transformer boxes and the people art they collect.



I also spotted this.
It's the same forklift I used to drive
when I worked in a warehouse in Compton
and was the only worker without a felony.



Sometimes I'm in Ms. Muse's neighborhood, 
the bucolic Sierra Madre, whose residents are big on 
unusual lawn decorations.



Spotted this beauty, a 1969 Blue Beetle. The same car driven by
Bob Bergquist, my friend for more than 53 years.
The heater on the passenger floorboard could not be turned off.
A blessing in the winter, not so much in the summer.



Speaking of automobiles, Sierra Madre puts on a good car show.
I love when the owners don't take it too seriously
and exhibit an odd sense of humor.



While I had enough to fill a big brown dumpster with stuff,
I could not part with my old records, so I brought them in.
And made good use of an old armoire. 
Now Playing: Santana's Abraxas.



I also located my Slapshot Jesus statue. 
Please no letters.
It's not heresy, it's sold by CatholicSupplies.com



Finally, here's a shot of the cleaned out garage.
Everything is in crates. Everything is labeled.
Everything is in order.
At least for 6 months.








 

No comments: