Monday, August 29, 2022

House Rules


"Geez, it's Monday morning, is Rich really starting off the week with another hamfisted political post?"

Yes.

Yes. I am.

There are 435 seats in the House of Representatives. The Democrats have the slightest of a majority. That majority controls which committees get formed. Which bills go to the Senate (to die a slow unproductive death). Which presidents get rightly or wrongly impeached. Which  Top Secret documents get stored securely and safely and which go unaccounted for and reside in a garage next to a box of fake Man of the Year Time Magazine covers.

And so much more. 

In other words, or in these words, EVERY. SEAT. COUNTS.

Which is why I am plugging for my cousin -- David Esrati, my third cousin -- who I met via 23andme. I like to think David and I share the same genetic material that inclines us to fight. For justice. For the everyman. For integrity. For righting the oh so many wrongs of the world. 

As a veteran, a small businessman and an activist, he chooses to do something about it. I choose to write snarky shit and get cheap laughs. 

I spoke with David over the weekend and inquired about his campaign to unseat his opponent, a shameless taintlicking sycophant of ex Precedent Shitgibbon, Mike Turner.

Maybe you've seen this misogynistic, cartoonish mansplainer on TV. Here he is deflecting attention off the TOP Secret documents (now verified by the affidavit) and attempting, disingenuously, onto Attorney General Merrick Garland. 

View the clip

Is it me, can you picture this clod as the model for the GOP senator who ends up with a dead 16 year old hooker in a Nevada brothel, as seen in Godfather II?

David is a long shot for this important seat in Ohio's 10th district. But, as of late, the expected and dangerous Red Wave in the midterms is waning. It would be great if Nancy Pelosi and the brass at the DNC threw more support behind my cousin. 

And I'm not just saying that so one of my distant relatives can have a hand in guiding this future of this country and possibly, some more PPP loans my way.

He is a smart, unconventional, out of the box thinker who thinks globally and acts locally. Check out his website and some of the amazing things he is doing and continues to do for his community. 

Then do what I have done -- send his grassroots campaign some grassroots money. 

As I mentioned in the forward of my last book, Mr. Siegel Writes to Washington, Democracy is not a spectator sport, we all have to participate. To that end, if you send me proof of your donation ($100 or more), I will send you a FREE copy of my book.

It's not just a decorative coffee table book that ignites interesting conversation, it's also a coaster and can accommodate 3 ring-making glasses. 


1 comment:

David Esrati said...

Rich-
Thank you. Any donation made over my site directly instead of ActBlue for $100 or more- and you can get a t-shirt too. (Yours should arrive today).
I've been lucky to work in the industry with some of the best. Sally Hogshead sent $1000, and Shepard Fairey dropped a grand- and a promise for some signed numbered prints- that will be auctioned at a fundraiser, and given away in a drawing to everyone who donates.
There are so many problems to solve in Congress- and zero creative problem solvers.
One of the things I hope to achieve is a Donor Registration System- to stop the billionaires from being able to donate multiple times- under Steve, Stephen, Steven, as in the current NY Mets owner.
I'd also like to develop a true voter information system- so voters have good info to go on- not based on shameless ads that don't tell the truth. Swift Boat anyone?
please consider donating- www.electesrati.com/donate
and let's solve some of our countries problems with better messaging and new approaches.
Thank you