Wednesday, July 7, 2021

passing the baton


I'm sure it hasn't escaped your attention, but I do a lot less complaining, ranting or even writing about the advertising business lately. More likely it has escaped your attention because let's be honest, no one follows this long-in-the-tooth blog that regularly. 

It's embarrassingly immodest of me to assume anyone does.

Nevertheless, I rarely, if ever, rag, on the business that has delivered so much grist for the mill for the last twelve years. 

Mostly because I've tackled every topic known to the overworked ad man and ad woman. And more accurately because other bloggers like George Tannenbaum, Bob Hoffman and even the more sporadic Jeff Gelberg, do a fine job taking down what was once the best, and most gleefully decadent, business on earth, advertising.

Even more accurately, I don't dare bite the hand that feeds me now that I am steadily, if not a bit underemployed as a staffer and dare not rock that boat and put at risk my incredible health benefits.

And while I no longer sling darts and arrows at the industry that put a roof over my head and overfed the bursar's office at two out of state universities, I'm happy to introduce you to a new blogger that does; a fellow copywriter who brings much more flair and well-hewn breeziness to the endeavor, Mr. Jeff Eaker.

In other words, I am passing the baton, as if I were ever holding one, to a writer who deserves your attention. 

And a blog that merits a bookmark -- https://kingdomoffailure.blogspot.com.

I am in now way suggesting you stop visiting the well-worn digital pages of RoundSeventeen, though to be clear I have long since stopped measuring my traffic and page views. I am simply suggesting you sample some casserole from long buffet of Cranky Jewish Writers Who Could Be Playing Golf But Prefer To Endlessly Vent Their Frustrations Via Clicking And Clacking.

Jeff, if you're inclined, a bottle of Noah's Mill Rye Whiskey would be nice.



No comments: