Thursday, July 8, 2021

Kids!!!


I'll be the first to admit it, when it comes to internet sensations, I am usually the last to the party. 

This is understandable as I don't Tok Tok and I don't follow Instagram, even though I have two profiles on IG.

It's just not a worthy use of my time. Particularly when there are 74 million unimaginably clueless Red Hats out there that NEED to be school and deprogrammed -- a thankless job I have assigned to myself.

Last week, a Scottish Facebook friend with a howling, out-of-oxygen laugh like my late Scottish mother posted a video of Marleigh, the Yeet baby. She and her uncle Chris are known to millions of work procrastinators. 

And I think you can see why.

Watch this three minute video.

I asked my daughter if she had heard of this phenomena and of course she had. That was after she rolled her eyes at me and took the last piece of perfectly cooked Uncured Applewood Bacon.

Not only did she know about it, my bacon-hogging daughter had dug her curious claws into this story and while ago and had read how Uncle Chris' reaction to the many, many, many spills and messes Marleigh had made were textbook positive reactions and an example of what apparently millions of parents should model.

At that point she glared at me as if to say, 

"Remember all the times you snapped at me for spilling the OJ or knocking over a tent or misprinting a fence or hitting the garbage can with the car or leaving the refrigerator door open or not replacing the toilet paper roll or putting unranked dishes in the dishwasher or not making the bed or not putting the gas cap back on the car or leaving the Superglue out or recording over the basketball game on the DVR..."

I'm sure she kept going, but I was already in my car to go to the supermarket for more bacon. 

No comments: