Thursday, November 7, 2019

The Resume, the extended version


There's a new meme flying around Facebook. I just caught whiff of it this morning (I'm writing this on Monday morning) and have no idea if it will take off or not. I think it should because it's inherently interesting. And simple.

The idea is to list, in chronological order, your life journey via the jobs you've had.

I like to think I can spot an easy blog posting when I see one, so I'm going to refrain from posting my lengthy job history on Facebook and do it justice here on Roundseventeen.

Keep in mind this recollection is highly dependent on my failing memory as well as my copious intake of coffee.

Here goes:


Newspaper Delivery Boy (Two routes)

Grill Man (Jack in the Box on Rt.59 in Spring Valley)

Landscaper with Jim Gallagher (RIP) for Dr. Lawn

Cafeteria Worker (Brockway Dining Hall, Syracuse University)

Pot Washer (Good Samaritan Hospital) (Worst. Fucking. Job. Ever.)

Cafeteria Worker (Brockway Dining Hall, Round Two, cause you just can't get enough of mashed potato wars in the dishwasher room)

Accounts Receivable Clerk ( Brownell Electro, my father's company)

Short Order Cook (Denny's, Carrier Circle, Syracuse, NY)

Bartender (Uncle Sam's, Syracuse, NY)

Bartender (Sutter's Mill, Syracuse, NY)

Forklift Driver (Brownell Electro, Los Angeles Warehouse on the border of Gardena and Compton, only non-convicted felon on the loading dock)

Kitchen Manager (SH Kickers Steakhouse, West Los Angeles. Catered Film Wrap Parties, met OJ Simpson, Craig t Nelson and the cast of Poltergeist before they all died)

Short Order Cook (The Golden Spoon, TGIF, Cheesecake Factory, Merlin McFly, Charmer's Market, At My Place, Hop Singh's)

Mailroom Clerk (Needham Harper & Steers)

Media Estimator (Needham Harper & Steers)

Junior Copywriter (Bernard Hodes Recruitment Advertising, wrote Help Wanted ads)

Copywriter (J.Walter Thompson Recruitment Advertising, wrote more Help Wanted ads)

Copywriter (Bear Advertising, left after one week when the owner used the N-word)

Copywriter  (Abert Newhoff & Burr)

Copywriter (Bozell Advertising)

Copywriter (Chiat/Day Advertising)

Sr. Copywriter (BBDO)

Associate Creative Director (Team One Advertising)

Creative Director (Chiat/Day Advertising)

Group Creative Director (Young and Rubicam Advertising Irvine, 53 fucking miles from my house)

Freelance Copywriter (Rich Siegel Worldwide. Best. Job. Ever.)


That's a lot of jobs crammed into my 44 years of life. No wonder I'm so damn irritable.




No comments: