Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm working with Lindsay


Last week I received an assignment from my friends at a Hollywood boutique ad agency. They needed ideas for the upcoming Lifetime movie "Liz and Dick". The movie, if you haven't heard, will be starring Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor.

I do a lot of work for these guys and the process works out incredibly well.

They send over a brief, via email. We talk on the phone, when necessary, and a few days later I send them back a whole bunch of scripts. Few, if any, ever get produced. Cable TV networks have a tendency to fall back to the default of a few clips plus a very short, snappy pun-filled voiceover.

And that's fine with me. I understand my role is to provide meeting fodder. I give the agency ideas that Cable Networks might use if they ever wanted to step out of their comfort zone. They, being television people, rarely do.

Anyway, I received the brief for Liz and Dick. And they also included a sneak preview of the movie script to help me develop promos ideas. Highlighted, underlined and bolded in the email, was an addendum about the very confidential nature of the project. None of which I have violated in this post.

In no uncertain terms I was told NOT to share the script with anyone.

Share it?

I'm not even going to read it.

1 comment:

Plaidbus said...

You said "Lindsey Lohan", so I stopped listening. Call me if it was important.