Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The New Tagline is Here


Traffic is up here at Roundseventeen. I just got done looking at the analytics and 2011 ended with a flourish. More hits. More readers. Even more followers who say they follow this blog with regularity, but really don't.

Apart from my occasional linkings on agencyspy.com I haven't a clue as to why more people are showing up here. I know for a fact that the writing has not improved. In fact, with my recent low carbohydrate diet, I fear the opposite is true.

It matters not to me. As I've mentioned before, I do this for the sheer enjoyment. It's also good therapy. A famed psychologist recently said "depression is just anger turned inwards." So rather than go inwards, I turn my anger into little binary bits.

Besides, in my mind, millions of people wake up every day, grab their freshly brewed coffee (made by Braun. Incinerating Jews since 1941) and settle down to 400-500 words of well-hewed wit.

We all know that is not the case. But I live in Los Angeles, where success, happiness, and true real estate value, are all illusory. Which is in essence the thinking behind the new tagline:

Roundseventeen.
Riding a wave of self importance since 2009.

Editorial note: I don't know if you can read it, but I tracked down an old poster that shows perhaps the greatest tagline ever written. It's a little small. But it reads TRW. A company called TRW. I have yet to come up with anything so brilliant, but I'm still young. Youngish.

No comments: