Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gates vs. Crowley


We live in awkward times.

Yes, we have elected an African-American President.
No, we have not seen the end of racial tension.

Even approaching this sensitive subject is giving me the "willies." That is in no way to be construed as reference to Willie Horton. I meant willies as in Heebie Jeebies. That in no way is to be construed as reference to Heebs.

There are so many minefields.

How do I talk about this without offending? But as someone who makes hay out of the news and observations of the day, how do I not talk about this? Wouldn't that be shirking my self-appointed responsibility as a blogger with 6 loyal readers?

After reading many articles, taking in all the various points of view and conducting my own in depth research, I am prepared to weigh in on this important racially charged topic of the day.

When all is said and done, I'm going to have to side with Officer Crowley. For me, and I'm just one individual, Officer Crowley's Blue Moon beer had a richer, fuller more satisfying taste than the Professor's Red Stripe.



No comments: