Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Zodiass

When I hear people talk about the Zodiac and astrology I want to slap them in the face with Orion’s Belt. Not only does it defy all logic, it is the height of narcissism (even more so than blogging.)

Sure, the position of stars, billions and billions of miles away, is going to determine whether you get a good parking spot near the J.C. Penney’s at the South Coast Plaza.

As if this crappola needed any further debunking, let’s look at my horoscope for today. I am, and I say this laughingly, a Pisces.

Yes, there are positive goals that perennially run through my mind during downtime, but last time I looked in the mirror, I do not have the luxury of getting a new hairdo. In fact, my scalp hasn’t seen a new hair since 2003.

But I thoroughly enjoyed the outlook for Capricorn.

I’ll bet today was a good day to adroitly communicate ideas. I’ll also bet that little nugget sent thousands of loyal, horoscope-reading Capricorns scurrying to the dictionary to look up the definition of adroitly.

No comments: