Thursday, June 4, 2009

Curve Appeal


Playa del Rey surely is the gift that keeps giving. Yesterday I had to pull a bat u-turn to snap a shot of this.

To the casual observer this is, in and of itself, quite fascinating. A large phallus etched in year’s worth of fine Los Angeles soot followed by the word ‘tation.’

Dick-tation.
I get it.
No, I don’t.

But I don't really care what the 'artiste' had in mind.
I'm much more intrigued by what is going on in the mind of the homeowner, who clearly not bothered by the ‘artwork’ , also happens to be a home seller.


Now I may still be a real estate novice but I’m having a hard time picturing how this can possibly be construed as a plus in the whole selling process.

“Honey, I really like that cute little cottage in Holmby Hills with the white picket fence, the koi pond and the beautiful orchids, but for some reason I’m really drawn to that shabby bungalow in Playa Del Rey. You know, the one adorned by the giant cock.”

No comments: