Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Why I hate Democrats


I make no bones about it, I am a political animal. 

Moreso in the last 10 years than ever before. Perhaps because with two daughters I have a stake in the future of this country. Or perhaps because of my Hebraic Seasonings I see the rise of neo-fascism as an existential threat to my people and to the American Experiment. 

Or perhaps because of the deep dive the Republican party has taken in the abyss of stupidity (Gazpacho Police, COVFEFE, Person Women Man Camera TV, Four Seasons Landscaping, etc) the low hanging fruit is just too hard to resist.

As a result of my increasingly political nature and my debating forays on social media, I am often accused of being a Democrat. More specifically, a "leftist, radical, bolshevik, Soros-funded Democrat." All of which is inaccurate. And amusing.

Truth is, I have no love for the Democratic party. And see their operatives just as craven, just as power hungry, and just as myopic as their less intellectual brethren on the other side of the aisle.

I hate them for failing to act on the Mueller Report. I may be one of the 17 people in this country that actually read the report. Here's my copy next to one of my many unsold books and one of my many novelty coffee mugs...


It's clear that Mueller stood by his conviction that a sitting president could not be indicted. 

It's equally clear from the second half of the book that the former president had been guilty of Obstruction of Justice. Nevertheless, because of the political calculus at the time, the Dems refused to impeach Trump, thus denying the citizenry of any justice.

I hate the Democrats for their messaging incompetence. While the GOP hands out tax cuts -- like pedophiles hand out candy -- to super wealthy people so they can buy more yachts and vacation homes, it comes at the expense of working people who have been conned into believing the trickle down theory of economics. 

I've seen rich people. 
I've broken bread with rich people. 
I know rich people. 
Rich people aren't creating jobs or wealth, rich people are hoarding that shit for themselves and their great, great, great grandchildren.

I hate the Democrats for their inability to move the masses like the rabid Red Hats on the right. The best the Dems have is Robert Kennedy and if that lobotomized, vaccine-hating half wit had his way we'd all be at the local Chipotle spreading polio and chicken pox.

And I hate the Democrats for being on the wrong side of fiscal responsibility. You're not going to win the hearts and minds of Americans by reaching in their wallets for money to fund studies on the complex mating habits of the North Atlantic White-Bellied Sea Egret. 

You're just not.

It's enough to make me throw my expensive noise cancelling headphones and my frustrated hands in the air.

Or maybe, just maybe, my hat in the ring.





No comments: