Thursday, May 26, 2022

Did you know? Did you know?


It's been a long time since I've been able to boast about new work seen on TV. Or in unknown corners of the Internet. The last time I was involved in a production was at Dollar Shave Club, where I played a very minor role in a 60 second commercial you might have seen.

It makes my heart sing that the seemingly last spot of my career shows a man asking, "How often should I check my balls?"


And yes, I'm that juvenile. You can see the spot here.

But that doesn't mean I can't boast about my daughter's handiwork. If you've been watching the NBA playoffs, or just the fourth quarter as my brother would suggest, you might have seen the Spike Lee celebration of Nike's 50th.

It's an ambitious, entertaining and nostalgic look back at some of Nike's greatest work. Nobody talks about it but I love the part where Spike is playing chess against Zimmie. You can watch the Spike lee Director's Cut here.

Unlike me, my daughter is not involved in the initial creative development of the work. She works at The Mill and is involved in post production. I wish she'd start moving her career towards the coming up with ideas part of the equation because I know she has an excellent sense of design as well as a dark, offbeat sense of humor that makes for good writing. 

You'd think after seeing the glamorous, lucrative, semi-famous life I have led she would have been drawn to the keyboard, but she hasn't and maybe that's for the best. Besides, I've done enough helicoptering.

Nevertheless, it makes me proud and more importantly, it makes Abby proud. And after witnessing the all-nighters and crazy hours she pours into her work, she's earned that pride.

I know if my wife were here, she would be beaming. But she's not, so I have to beam twice as bright.

And I am.

#ProudPapa




No comments: