Monday, October 28, 2019

Let's join a Golf Club, the saga continues


Last week, as some of you may recall, I began my correspondence with Mr. Willy Ruiz, the National Sales Manager/Club President at Trump National Doral Golf Club -- a world class resort received for only the planet's most esteemed, prestigious and magnificent people.

You can imagine how upset I was to find out next year's G7 Summit will not be coming to Doral. On the other hand there's a possibility, albeit remote that I and my wife Pauline (explanation to follow) might.


To the uninitiated, I had told Mr. Ruiz that we were in the process of buying a condo at the nearby Amberwood complex and that logistics had made speaking on the phone difficult.


As you expect, my real wife Debbie doesn't like me messing around with Trump properties, so I concocted a new one, Pauline Lancinanti, which is literally (in the Trumpian sense) Italian for Ball Buster. 

I'm pretty sure Mr. Ruiz doesn't know that.

Indeed, though we missed each other's phone calls and exchanged some perfunctory texts, he sent me the full Doral rundown.


Not only is Willy willing to help me with the carpet situation, he included this...

And this...

Well, $50,000 is a bit rich for my less-than-blue-blood. Particularly considering my severe case of under-employment and the ongoing renovations to our fictional condominium in Florida.


So now Mr. Ruiz and I are in discussion about the more reasonable Social membership at Trump National Doral World Class Prestigious Magnificent Golf Club. If I can get him down to $500 initiation fee and a $10/monthly dues, I'm gonna bite. 

Think of all the swag I can swipe from the club store.

Details to follow, stay tuned.




No comments: