Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Head Farcee


Several weeks ago I used the word “bloviate” in a posting. If memory serves, and sometimes it doesn’t, it was the very first time in my life that I have ever used that word in a written piece.

In honor of that occasion I am changing the masthead on this blog to read, “28,195 words. Rearranged daily.”

I was hoping to have an interesting visual to accompany this milestone so I Googled 28195. I thought maybe it would be the address of something interesting or the price tag of a new Bolivian automobile.

And while that didn't happen, the Internet did not disappoint.

The fourth image on the top row is none other than my favorite Persian punching bag, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.


Here the President of Iran berates his agriculture ministers, “Of course our wheat crops are failing, the Zionists are blocking our light with giant satellite-based sun shades.”

It should also be noted that Mahmoud is standing in the company of 10 men. Which means statistically, one of them is gay. My guess is it’s the dude in the brown blazer with the John Davidson haircut.

No comments: