Thursday, March 7, 2024

Stifled but not silenced


It's been a long time since I've been booted off any social media platforms. I could tell you how long if father Time hadn't rewired my memory thigamajig.

Time really is a construct. And for me, and I suspect for my contemporaries, 3 months could be three years. Hell, 5 days ago could be 5 years ago. It's all a blur. 

Oddly enough I can tell you what I had for dinner on November 19, 2023 -- salmon. And on July 7, 2023 -- salmon. And August 3, 2022 -- salmon. I eat a lot of salmon.

Point is I've been a good boy when it comes to social media. I've consciously placed governors on the pistons of rage that churn night and day inside my skull. Which is not easy considering I've been having more and more nightmares about the Shitgibbon who has overstayed his welcome in our collective zeitgeist. And threatens to do so for another 4 years. Or more.

Last night I dreamt I was working at the Trump Organization. I was in an office high atop his dumpy 5th avenue tower. He and Eric were supervising a photo shoot of new employees and I errantly showed up without wearing a belt. Doofus (Eric) reached for his waist and slipped his thick faux-leather black belt off and handed it to me. 

I have a really bad case of TDS. Really bad. 

Though not unwarranted.

Making things even more hazardous is the situation in the Middle East. Notice how I didn't confine myself to Gaza? Because the sad truth here is that the current conflagration is but a subset of the conflict that has raged here for 76 years. 

And now it is raging on the streets of America. 

Where were all these concerned geopolitical experts when Assad and his thugs murdered 1/2 million Syrian citizens and exiled millions more. I don't remember anyone, more specifically uninformed college students, chanting "From the Bishri Mountains to the Sea, Syria shall be free."   

Nor do any of these Know Nothings who call for a Two State solution seem to recall that the Palestinians were offered a state of their own in 1948. By the UN. And the world community, who established many sovereign nations in Post World War II and the end of British Colonialism. 

And don't even get me started on the silliest of claims that the Israelis (Jews) are land grabbers. Name me one other country on Planet Earth that returned 23, 162 square miles of land, roughly twice the size of Albania, to a country that repeatedly waged war on it? 

I feel my blood pressure rising and suspect the LinkedIn police might be looking over my shoulder, so I'll call it quits here before I'm no longer a Good Boy anymore.

Have a nice weekend.


No comments: