Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Dipped in Honey


 

Somehow I missed this very important date. The good news is it has nothing to do with my current bereavement or family stories that tend to produce a puddle of tears near my keyboard. 

I apologize in advance, but those type of melancholy posts will probably become a staple here, as they have a certain palliative effect on me. And the commitment to ink and the telling of Debbie stories will be documentation, for my kids and for our grandkids. You know, should they ever decide to read dad's writings.

My daughters are 24 and 25 years old, is it too early to hoch them for little ones? I would love grandkids. And even sons-in-law.

But back to my original point. February 8th marks my one year anniversary at Honey, part of the PayPal family. 

Because we're all still working from home there was no celebration, as I'm sure my team members would've rolled out the red carpet, Drizzlied in some fine champagne, and commandeered and fully catered the best conference in the office to mark the auspicious occasion.

It was quite an eventful year of steady employment which I must say came as a shock to the system after successfully mining the freelance world for more than 16 years, most of them highly lucrative.

There were many ups and downs over the past 12 months, as I focused my years of branding and legacy media experience to the world of email and performance marketing, which I also did for Dollar Shave Club. 

The ups came in the form of colleague compliments who said, "Our emails now have a fun, new tone that's refreshing." Some of the work our team did even landed here: https://reallygoodemails.com/

It should come to nobody's surprise that I was completely unaware of reallygoodemails.com

The downs came on the rare occasions when my humor stepped over some lines. And I got a flogging from my boss, who it should be noted...nope... not gonna reach for that low hanging fruit.

In any case, it should be noted the people at Honey are great. 

And have been great to me and my family during this difficult time. They sent cards, letters, digital mood boards, and even preboxed Chicken Noodle Soup. I happen to be a very discerning chicken noodle soup eater and this stuff was fantastic.

The company also deserves credit for taking a stand against ageism and actually hiring a 63 year old copywriter who still knows his way around the Queen's English and can put it to good use to sell some stuff.

Thank you, Honey.




1 comment:

David Esrati said...

You've landed in the world of milk and honey....
congrats.
And- I can't link to my site because it ends in .biz in my signature.
www.thenextwave.biz