Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Under New Management


I've gotten to a pretty sweet point in my career.

While others are clawing and scratching for work, including the most debasing assignments (see yesterday's posting), I am growing ever more selective about the projects I will accept.

It's not because I'm flush with cash. I don't have Fuck You Money. And never will.

But what I lack in liquid assets I more than make up for in confidence and integrity.

So while the industry makes a turbo-charged race for the bottom, I'm taking, if you'll permit the expression, a more Disruptive™ route.

In addition to the Day Rate I normally charge agencies and clients, I am tacking on additional fees as a means of dealing with the increasing indignities faced by today's nomadic freelancer.

A numeric value has not been assigned to each fee, yet, but this will give a good idea of what to look forward to in the very near future:


Onsite working at the Long Table of Mediocrity Fee...................TBD

Rewriting the Brief in the Middle of Assignment Fee...................TBD

Asking for Adlike Objects Fee.......................................................TBD

Check In with Planners Fee..........................................................TBD

Lunchtime Meeting with No Food Fee..........................................TBD

Soviet Style HR Documentation Fee.............................................TBD

Hashtags.......................................................................................TBD

Dealing with Agency Bureaucracy/Politics Fee...........................TBD

Gun-to-the-Head Useless Deadline Fee........................................TBD

Planners Posing as Creative Directors Fee..................................TBD







No comments: