Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Troll From Culver City


Last week, I read with great jealousy, the story about the social media manager for Wendy's, whose only job is to scan, reply and troll the Internet, looking for snarky opportunities to pimp the brand. I'd give up my left pinkie finger for a paying gig like that.

But since that's not happening anytime soon, I've channeled my energy and began making my own Internet memes.

I also discovered an outlet for these memes that gives me access way beyond my 1500 or so friends and followers on social media.

It's a Facebook Group that goes under the name: New Rules With Bill Maher And Now This With John Oliver. It's a fan club of more than 40,000 members.

You'd think this group of satire fans would be smart, savvy and streetwise.
And you'd be wrong.

I recently posted this:


To which one brain-dead respondent who did not spot the satire, replied:

"OMG, this guy is a nut case."

And another:

"He's soooooo dumb. Apparently no intelligence or experience necessary for the WH."

And one more:

"HUD is so fuc*ed."

I guess dimwittedness can be found on both sides of the aisle.

But my favorite reply came in response to a fake tweet I had posted. A woman from Texas, lets call her Ruth (because that's her name) took issue with me posting funny material on a site dedicated to funny material.

After Precedent Shitgibbon accused President Obama of wiretapping and generally being a bad sick guy, I went one further and posted this:


Ruth, would have none of that and scolded me in public. And naturally I took every opportunity to turn her anger into my personal playground.


I hope I get to hear from Ruth again.



3 comments:

Bob said...

I hope Ruth plays chess.

Théo said...

You're arguing with someone who says, "You're not suppose to."

Anonymous said...

What Théo said.