Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Flights of fancy



This is a picture of Dulles Airport in Washington DC. We'll get to Dulles in a minute.

But first let's flashback to Captain Ouchie Foot's Fourth of July Clusterfuck.

It was a glorious day of rain, thunder, lightning and the flaccid display of military hardware including two aging tanks and two armored vehicles. In other words the equivalent of Luxembourg's armed forces.

Topping it all off was another word salad speech given by our president from behind an unsqueeged shower door. My wife was in fits. "How hard is it to squeegee the god damn glass?" she yelled at the TV that was momentarily tuned in to Fox News.

The speech was an instant classic. What Gettysburg was to Lincoln, what going to the moon was to Kennedy, beating down the British and capturing their prized airports will be to Precedent Shitgibbon.

As mentioned yesterday, I am currently serving time in Facebook Jail. And so I could not share my thoughts on the matter. Thankfully I have this platform where I can still count on the readership of 8 loyal followers.

I started simple.
And economical.
And graphic.


Figuring out how to get the handle behind George's fingers is the latest self-taught trick I now have in my photo manipulation arsenal.

But, being a copywriter at heart, I turned to something more copy driven.


Then, I married copy with visual, and went for something with a pop culture (Better Call Saul) reference.


If not for my wife nagging me to go for a hike and later knocking out more banner ads for Harry's House of Catheters, I could have manufactured airport memes all day long.

But later in the day, I was chatting with my former Team One colleague and now the self proclaimed Greatest Copywriter in the World, Mike Folino. And he blurted out the best idea of all.

Instead of telling you the idea, I'm going to show you. Because upon hearing his stroke of genius, I, and then Mike, sprung into action.


As of this writing, the producers of Hamilton have not responded. Which is sad because the window on this golden opportunity is closing. 

Come on Lin, do it for Dulles and for all the other airports that were liberated from the tyrannical rule of our 18th century British overlords. 










No comments: