Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Let me outta here


These days if you're not careful you can spend a lot of money on shit you don't use. A situation not helped by online shopping and automatic annual renewals.

I can't begin to tell you how many domain names I own on GoDaddy.

sexygoatlove.com

bitchatmitch.com

prayerforpresidentialaneurysm.com 

They seemed awfully clever and necessary at the time of purchase. But in retrospect quite useless considering my lack of coding skills. And my pitiful absence of follow through.

Last year, for instance I signed up for Adobe Pro DC Acrobat DocuMaster 9000 or some variation thereof. They have so many sub-brands of their fakakta software I can't even keep track.

The package came in handy for signing NDA's, new hire forms and all that other crap big agencies send out with every new gig. BTW, I've worked for all the big holding companies, why do I have to fill out a form every time I'm handed a brief? Don't these agencies have computers?

I thought technology was supposed to make our lives easier.

I was wrong.

Anyway, I decided to cancel my expensive subscription to this useless Adobe program and it took me close to half an hour to do so.

The online chatbot asked me if I wanted a transcript of our chat.

Oh, you're damned right I want the transcript.




No comments: